Saturday 1– Sunday 2 September 2012
Save $99 AIPP member Early Bird Bookings prior 1 June 2012
25 CPD Points
Discover how to create awe inspiring outback landscape images in one of the best national parks in the world. Mungo lake dried up some 18 thousand years ago and over time the shifting sands have created a mini Grand Canyon like moonscape that is a photographer dream landscape. “The first time I visited I spent 2 full days photographing non stop – and subsequently have won numerous photographic awards”.
Mungo lies 110 km north – east of Mildura and 150 km north-west of Balranald on the Arumpo-Ivanhoe Road. You do not require a 4WD vehicle.
Vehicle: 553km 7.5 hrs
Plane: just under 2 hours departing Moorabbin Victoria
What to expect:
You will spend 2 full action packed days photographing under expert tuition. We keep our groups small ensuring you get full attention. Then select your best 2 – 4 images and discover how to produce professional standard images using Adobe Lightroom, Nik Software and Photoshop ( this will be arranged back in Melbourne on another date ).
• Photograph the Grand Canyon like Walls of China at dusk – a full moon is due so we just might get some night photography in.
• Photograph the awe inspiring patterns created by the rolling Sand dunes
• Create an outback masterpiece to keep and treasure
• Photograph the historic wool shed and relic buildings
• The shear openness of this environment will amaze you.
• Travel the 70km outback track across the lake floor and around the park loop ( photographing the ancient buildings and relics on the way)
It doesn’t matter what your level of photography is. We are all here to learn and develop our skills.
What to bring:
Cable release cord
ND Filter ( Optional ), Polariser filter
Balance Payable 60 days prior. 1st July 2012
Full Moon On Mungo:
A Full moon Saturday & Sunday is expected that might just create some amazing night shots : Click here for moon times
Rise Melb 6.47pm, Sydney 6.21pm, sets 6.32pm
$5 per adult per night, non powered
Shearers Quarters A$50 – $80
Shared bathroom. Click here to find out more
Accommodation $270.00 per cabin, per night for 1 or 2 people
Click here to Find out more